We are looking for our future M&E Trainee at The Hotel!
- Maintain and develop contacts with business generators, meeting and conference planners, visitors/Conference office, travel agents, airlines, corporate accounts.
- Coordinates under the supervision of a coordinator in liaison with the Food and Beverage Management team and the Kitchen & Stewarding Manager.
- Follow the standards and procedures of the department, for instance, ensuring that business has been signed prior to commence planning
- Ensure that the rooming lists and reservation details are inserted in due time for operations.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of space for the conference and associated events under the supervision of the M&E Manager / Coordinator
- Liaise with the Rooms Departments for room availability and room preferences
- Liaise with the following departments in procurement of the business: Sales Team, M&E Operations, Front Office, F&B departments
- Conduct room familiarizations and site inspections
- Oversee the preparation, presentation and service of banquet Food and Beverage products to ensure highest quality at all times
- Maintain a record system to include the following: files on all previous functions, banquet and reservation book, customer contact file, menu file, activities file, solicits and follows-up on business referrals and potential sales leads
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including: being attentive to Guests, accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests, anticipate Guests needs, maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience, demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude, taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Control of invoices for completeness and ensure that folder with contract and invoicing details are well prepared and given to the accounting department.
- Control that postings are correct on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan of the business and help compile the annual hotel business plan
About you :
- Fluent in English & French or English & Dutch. 3 languages is a plus.
- Good knowledge from Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must be punctual and detail-oriented
- Have a commercial attitude to ensure customer satisfaction and the income maximization
- Enthusiasm for the hotel market
- Proactive bringing new ideas within the team
- Good communication skills and dynamic
If you are interested in this position, please apply below and send us your CV and covering letter!
See you soon at The Hotel!